The Greater Manchester Academic Science Network Partners (AHSN) have implemented a Lumira data sharing solution to support the devolution of health and care services to Greater Manchester. This is part of the regional interoperability programme called DataWell. At the current scale, the solution enables sharing of pathology information between healthcare organisations, viewable through mobile devices.
The solution implementation is in progress with a final Go-Live date of May 2018.
Implementation at each site had 3 key steps:
- Deployment of a node.
- Configurations of the node.
- Set up of information governance Each implementation took 1 month and was done by the delivery consortium who worked with the local IT teams. In the roll out local IT teams will manage the deployment.
- Peer To Peer Model The Lumira solution enables information sharing of pathology information between acute NHS Trusts and GPs in 2 localities.
- Health and care professionals access the patient’s information through a portal application from tablet devices.
- On access data requests are distributed to all participating sites. Based on information sharing agreements the relevant data will be retrieved and shown to the requesting site.
- The pilot currently includes 2 sites. Each site has Lumira deployed locally which allows them to communicate with any other participating site, based on open standards.
- In the future, DataWell will be rolled out to health and social care organisations across the 10 localities of Greater Manchester.
- In addition to this pathology pilot there is other pilots in progress for: • Genomics: Support the Genomes research by developing a mechanism to transfer study data. between 100k Genomes Study Centre and their partner sites.
- Provides a read-only, single-view of a patient’s pathology results within a vanilla portal called “Consult”.
- The solution currently enables access to 100 types of test results from 3 sites.
- These are displayed graphically as a consolidated view.
- Uses the individual nodes to store and manage data sharing agreements.
- Individual organisations can manage their sharing agreements through the admin console of their site.