The Hampshire Health Record (HHR) is a shared care record that shares information about 1.9m patients across a range of health and care settings. The record is used to support clinical decision making and transfers of care. A second database was deployed with the solution which uses pseudonymised data to support research and population health planning.
The Hampshire Health Record uses Graphnet’s CareCentric software.
- The Hampshire Health Record is a Shared Care Record and uses Graphnet’s Care Centric product.
- End-users can access the Hampshire Health Record via a web-based portal or through their existing clinical systems. This access is read-only.
- This record contains summary information about the patient drawn from GP records, hospital records, mental health, community care, and social care records from the council.
- Ambulance services and GP 111 can access this information in emergencies.
- Each day 2500 patients records are accessed.
- Data from the Hampshire Health Record is also used for research and operational monitoring and reporting. All patient data is anonymised before it is used.
- Central Repository Model Hampshire Health Record uses Graphnet CareCentric v.2.
- Patient data is pulled from GP, acute, community, social care and county council systems and stored in a central data repository. Updates range from every 15 minutes to every 24 hours.
- End users request data through a portal, or through their core clinical systems. This request pulls the data from the central repository.
- A separate database holds anonymised patient data for research and analytics.
- Provides a read-only view of the patient record within the existing clinical systems,or through a web-based portal.
- The record includes access to:
Social Care Information
- Test results
- Information is shared in the Hampshire Health Record when a patient is handed-on via a referral, transfer or discharge.
- GPs, social and community care organisations are able to see the appropriate information such as discharge summaries, future appointments and test results when they access the patient record.
- This supports safe and effective continuation of care.
- A protocol governing access to patient records, overseen by the Hampshire Health Record Information Governance Group (HHRIGG).
- Role-based and group-based accessed managed by the central team.
- Patients give their consent at the point of care.
- Patients can submit a request to see their record using the Hampshire Health Record website which provides transparency.
- Data from the Hampshire Health Record is used for research as well as for internal operational monitoring and reporting.
- Researchers use the dataset to analyse outcomes of patients with specific conditions e.g. diabetes or COPD. Results from studies supported a programme to target interventions for cohorts of diabetes patients.
- This is supported through a separate database that contains anonymised data from the Hampshire Health Record.