Leeds Care Record is described locally as a city wide multi-agency integrated record. It contains a rich dataset, supplied by a variety of settings, including mental health and adult and children’s social care, and is used exclusively to support direct patient care.
Leeds Care Record is a bespoke solution developed and hosted by The Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (LTHT). It is a component of the Leeds PPM+ enterprise platform. A strong focus on engagement, collaboration and understanding what people want has been key to the programme’s success.
- Leeds Care Record is a secure web based solution that shares real time data between care providers, enabling joined up health and social care for over800,000 people.
- Every health and social care organisation in Leeds has a different set of records held in over 300 clinical systems. Leeds Care Record pulls key data about people from many of these systems and displaysitin one combined record, which is organised through a set of views or “tabs”.
- Leeds Care Record covers primary care, acute care, adult social care, children’s social care, mental health, hospice and community.
- Users of Leeds Care Record can access the record from within their own clinical system, for example a GP can launch Leeds Care Record by clicking on the relevant link from within a patient
record in SystmOne or EMIS. Usability has always been a key aim, so the technical team was tasked with ensuring users only had to make three clicks or less to get into Leeds Care Record.
- Leeds Care Record is part of a number of digital initiatives in the Leeds region, and one of four programmes that use Leeds’ bespoke PPM +enterprise platform to deliv
er its functionality.
The PPM+ Platform…
- supports the delivery of cancer services within the Leeds Cancer Centre, and across the Yorkshire network of cancer units(known as PPM1).
- delivers The Leeds Teaching Hospital‘s trust-wide electronic health record (PPM), which was developed with academic and commercial partners.
- powers Leeds Care Record, which connects care givers across the city, specifically for the purpose of delivering direct care.
- supports the 100,000 Genomes Programme across Yorkshire by capturing data relating to rare diseases.
- Central Repository Model Leeds Care Record is part of the PPM+ platform which was developed by The Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust.
- It utilises MIG2 to provide a view of data from GP systems. GP Connect is being piloted to provide a much richer dataset. FHIR messaging is also used.
- Data is pulled from underlying systems on request and displayed. No data is persisted.
- The solution now supports write access.
- It is launched in less than three clicks from the user’s own clinical system.