Lincolnshire Health and Care (LHAC) have deployed a shared care record solution that currently shares information from 3 of their acute hospital trust’s systems. The Lincolnshire Care Portal will be used to support the delivery of integrated care through multidisciplinary teams. It will be fully operational in May 2017.
The Lincolnshire Care Portal uses InterSystems’ Healthshare solution.
Over 9 months from April to December 2016 the LHAC Care Portal Project:
- Installed all of the hardware and software to support the end-to-end implementation.
- Configured User Interfaces.
- Data Priming: replaying circa 13 million HL7 messages from organisational integration engines in to Edge Gateways, so that they contained a rich set of clinical information.
The infrastructure build took 3 months in total. The remaining 6 months was spent on configuring the system, interfacing to the organisational systems and beginning user acceptance testing
- Peer To Peer Model The Lincolnshire Health and Care programme have implemented an information sharing solution using Intersystems’ HealthShare product.
- Health and Care workers access patient information using a web-based portal. This access is read-only.
- The record currently contains summary information about the patient drawn from 3 systems at the acute hospital trust: the Patient Administration System, lab results system and radiography results system.
- A small cohort of staff from the mental health trust, community hospitals trust and a GP practice are using the Care Portal as part of extended user acceptance testing.
- Patients have to opt-out if they do not want their information to be shared.
- Provides a read-only view of the patient record within a web-based portal.
- The record includes access to:
- Test results
- Patient medications
- Patient demographics
- A cross organisational framework called the LHAC Care Portal Sharing Protocol is in
- All organisations using the portal have signed up to this protocol.
- The Care Portal is based on an opt-out consent model.
- Patients can opt out of by completing a form.
- An audit trail is kept of all accesses of a patient record.